Adoption Competency Curriculum Trainer’s Guide
- The ACC includes written and DVD materials that are easily used by the trainers and training participants. Icons and print variations are used in the Trainer’s Guide to denote training exercises and DVD segments. Traditionally, the NRCA has distributed curricula in hard copies—The Trainer’s Guide and the Participant’s Handouts.
In the Trainer’s Guide, the trainer’s preparation pages are printed on blue paper; materials used in training are printed on white paper, and materials referenced but not trained are printed on pink paper. Participant handouts also are assembled in a separate Participant’s Handouts, which participants may use readily throughout the training and refer to afterward.
We encourage the States to use the color coded system when the Trainer’s Guide is printed. For cost-effectiveness, the Participant’s Handouts can be printed and distributed without binding.
ACC Modules & Downloads
- Federal Laws and Policies Impacting Adoption Placement
- Child/Youth Assessment and Preparation
- Family Assessment and Preparation
- Decision Making and Placement Selection in Adoption
- Negotiating Title IV-E Adoption Assistance Agreements
- Post Adoption Services
- Compassion Fatigue: Secondary Traumatic Stress Disorder, Burnout, Vicarious Trauma